Saturday, September 23, 2006


Baby Walking!!!
Jaxon has finally decided that walking is the way to go! It is now his main mode of movement. It is funny to watch him wobble after the cats saying "meow" like he expects them to stop and have a conversation with him. It is even funnier to see him stop mid walk and start dancing because he heard some music.

Mason went missing on me Thursday night. After searching his realm of comfort, I started to panic. The whole neighbourhood helped. He was with his little buddy that lives 3 houses down and neither of them had ever done anything like this. Just before I was about to call the 911, Raven called and said that they were at a neighbours house, a place that Mason is allowed to go to, but that no one had answered the door when Raven knocked previous. The mom brought the 2 missing boys to their moms as we were weeping uncontrollably. All Mason said with a confused look on his face was, "I was at David's". Talk about a scare me to death experience. I kept telling myself that he was okay and probably warm in someones house that he was allowed to be at, and he was. The newest rule in our house is that the kids have to call home when they get to their friends house that they have asked permission to visit. Mason was really concerned when he saw me crying. He had no clue what was up. The moms in the neighbourhood have decided that we will call the parent when their child shows up at our door and again when we send them home.

Sidnee is thoroughly enjoying kindergarten. She can hardly wait until she goes all day. She is getting good at taking care of her own hair and gives herself homework. She is already telling me that she is bored. I will be spending 1 day a month in her class, hopefully more.

Raven is doing well and enjoying karate as well as school. She is still the social butterfly. She loves to help in the kitchen. She made our peach freezer jam and then made the custard for our peach custard pie.

Steve just started a new shift at work. He is now M,T,W,S from 11:30 a to 10:00 pm. We will see how this goes. He is testing for his for degree black belt in October and still teaching karate. His new schedule is going to make teaching a little harder.

I am still enjoying my home. I enjoy having space to cook. I just finished putting up 4 bushels of peaches. They are so good. Now I am on to apples, I hope. I need to make more pie filling and applesauce. Some of my neighbours are wanting to join me in this adventure. After canning season then it is on to painting the kids rooms. Wish me luck.

No comments: