Monday, July 10, 2006

Come join me!


I thought that it might be nice to have a blog page where we can post what is going on in our lives. We can also post pictures and keep in touch this way. I have friends who are doing it and love it for keeping up with their family. Now that we all have the internet we have no excuses. The latest edition to our family has been the grass in our back yard. It is so nice not to have a dust or mud pile out there. Jaxon has finally figured out how to go down stairs without falling down them. Raven and Sidnee are loving karate and Mason can't wait to take karate this fall. Steve just started back on the night shift today and I am so glad. He will work 4 days, have 1 day off, work 4 more days and then have 6 days off. I told him that we could use those days to go camping or visit family, or do projects around the house. He just kind of stared at me funny. I think he has ambitions of spending those days on bike trips. We absolutely love where we are and our neighbors are fantastic. Once again I have become the party instigator, but others are quickly catching on. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of any tomatoes on my plants. We didn't get them planted until mid June, so they will be late. My zucchini is looking wonderful. It has about 8 blooms that are just about ready to open. I am so excited to be able to grill my own zucchini. We didn't put much in our garden because of the late start we got on it. This fall, I am going to add compost and manure and next spring we will start on time. We are wanting to plant a cherry tree for eating. Any suggestions on varieties. We are also going to put in a fruit salad tree. It grows 4 different types of fruit. It will have apricot, peach, nectarine, and I think pear. I'm not sure on the last one. Anyway, climb on board and let's have fun with this blog.

1 comment:

DeLana said...

Family:
just hit post a comment and then it will lead you to what you need to do.