Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Miracle of Life

It has been some time since I have taken time to share my thoughts, and some might say that is because I don't often have any, which sometimes feels right. I have reached to stage of life where I need to slow down to think and breath. I did stop to enjoy one of lifes special moments on Saturday, the 7th of February. I got a call from my son-in-law at about 7:20 am. As the fog cleared in my brain and I wondered what ninny was calling at this hour (Saturday is one day I get to sleep in and on this day my body was cooperating). I reach for the phone and give a half hearted hello and hear this excited masculine voice say you'd better get breakfast for Gary in a hurry, we are in labor. Three and a half years ago the whole show lasted for about 3 hours from start to finish so as things registered I knew I'd better hurry. I asked if the boys were coming to stay with papa, Yes they would bring them over. My daughter was doing last minute things like in the shower and wash the hair kind of things then they would be over. So up I jump with renewed energy, dash to the kitchen for my little guys have not eaten either. Sausage and eggs and toast will be quick and I can be ready to go when I need to.

The little family arrives and the 2 little boys are as I expect, hungry, but they are always loooking for something to eat. I offered the dad breakfast or any given part of breakfast, but no he didn't want any. This was a sure indicator that his mind was else where. This from the dad who would talk to the tummy, "Hello baby, we need you to hurry up and come out and play." I turn my attention to the mom, who is contracting every 4 to 6 minutes. She will stop and bend over and grit her teeth till it passes and then continue to fuss over her boys, who might add arrived with suitcases and favorite blankies and build a bear friends. They were ready for the duration. After the grandma had her shower and shampoo the mother andI sat in the office chairs talking and timing. It was interesting, as I think to my self I don't think I was that tough, as close as those pains are and as intense as they seem I'd have been out of here long ago. Finally we go to the living room where the Dad sees how intense things are and says "we are going". Mom we are leaving, Okay I'm right behind you. Today I get the pickup so Papa Can bring up the boys after the excitement is over and there is something to see. I head out and there stand or rather hunched over with hands on knees is my daughter waiting for car seats to be moved and I like to think for me to get out and go. Now I might add that for the last child I missed by moments the arrival because I had to feed the papa. This time I was determined not to repeat that experience so you can imagine how I might react when the window in the bedroom popped open and Papa's voice called me back to the house. Not again! It seems I needed to get the registration papers before I left. The kids say they are going on and I say I'll be right there. Back in I go for the paper and a short discussion on other things I could do before I go and I respond in the negative and go out the door. 7 minutes to the hospital and park and in the door I go at a not to fast pace, as I round the corner at the nurses desk I am met by the dad with a "hurry up we are at a 10 and headed to the delivery room". WOW. That close to missing it again. Can you imagine walking in the doors at 9:50 am and have it all over by 10:17 am. Shades of grandma Mounts. I was a spectator who tried to stay out of the way and felt great joy at the priviledge of being present at the arrival of Brookelin Kadence. She was due the 4th and so that is 3 days past her due date and was 9.1 pounds and 21 and 1/4 inches long with wavy black hair. She is the best baby, and that could be because I am not around much but she seems to be content and eats well. What a sweet treat to sit and hold such a precious gift from heaven. I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father for the gift of families, for the love and for the joy that comes as we learn and grow together. May we all appreciate the blessings we receive.

4 comments:

Kassie said...

Oh thank you for posting this! Last I heard there wasn't a decided name for the little girl yet and we didn't get many details, I love to hear baby stories!

CassParelli said...

I want to see pictures! Thanks for sharing Bo & Denny's great news! Congratulations to them and the grandparents! What a sweet exeperience!

junebugsgrandma said...

Cynthia! we are blessed. Its nice to hear that your new granddaughter made a safe and speedy entry into the world. Good job Deni!!!! now you just need to post a picture or two. I can't wait for our get away in April. Its going to be so nice. See you then sis. Love Punky

Garett and Elaina Moore said...

No offense mom but you need to write more. i write more than you do.