Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rushing, Rushing

Well time is flying by. I am not sure if that is an age thing or not. I hear young parents talk about the lack of time and do not remember it being so when I was a new mom. I wonder if our Heavenly Father has his finger on the time wheel and is spinning it a little faster as it gets closer to the wind up scene? I don't know about any one else but for me who is waiting for the benefits of old age to set in, you know time to quilt or knit or craft, or clean house or sleep or, need I go on. There just seems to always be something you have to do or somewhere you have to go. People waiting on you, seem to know when you sit down for a minute and that is when they call.
I was talking to Garett the other night as he drove back to Moses Lake and he lovingly reminded me that I still have things to learn. Darn I thought I had it all under control, doing all the things I know I should to the best of my ability, but as I pondered what he said I realized that he is right and I have to quit coasting and get in and dig and make me better. More work, wouldn't ya know.
I am so excited, I will have 3 of my 5 kids here at Christmas. That will be 3 little boys and a sweet litle girl who we will meet for the first time. I am planning already. Food and decorating and activities for the kids. But I am also planning on getting a little more done in the house. little things like kitchen cupboard doors and an island. Maybe hang some gyprock. Just little things, but oh so helpful. I'll keep dreamin.

2 comments:

junebugsgrandma said...

cynthia,
you are so lucky. your kids home! mine will all be home, i can't wait. your new grand daughter is sooo cute. its fun hu! what about spring break? love ya punky

junebugsgrandma said...

cynthia,
you are so lucky. your kids home! mine will all be home, i can't wait. your new grand daughter is sooo cute. its fun hu! what about spring break? love ya punky